Google

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Whew!

It's fascinating to me how every time I have a day when I am literally ready to just quit parenting, it's immediately followed by a wonderful day with the kids with almost no fighting and very little yelling. Do they just sense that I'm really about to go over the edge and they need to calm down or did all my yelling and crying actually get through to them. I guess for now I'd better just enjoy it.

I did order a few more books on parenting last night so maybe one of them will have the secret decoder ring for Sunshine and all his issues. Or at least some kinda hint as to why all the handy parenting tricks that work for everyone else just don't work for me. I've waited 8 years for him to grow out of this phase and I am DONE. I'll let you know if they're good and post some reviews on my book review blog when I'm done.

Yesterday on our Mobile Loaves and Fishes run I learned that my kids actually do like boring homemade sandwiches on cheap white bread. It's me that doesn't like them and I've been blaming my refusal to have them as a real meal on them. So, tonight Mark and I had salads and the boys made themselves turkey and cheese sandwiches on white bread. It was nice not to have do to really anything at all for dinner and not really have a big mess when we were all done since I'm getting ready for yet another event at our house tomorrow.

Tomorrow we have a cub scout popcorn sales meeting at our house. How I managed to get myself put in charge of popcorn sales for the pack is a long story that begins with not having enough volunteers and ends with my inability to say no when I know the only other person who might do it is even more overcommitted than I am. I'm gearing myself up to be really excited about popcorn tomorrow. I love popcorn! Really. Yum. Go Popcorn! Does that sound sincere or what? And if anyone is hungry for popcorn, I'll have a garage full of it in a couple of weeks and would love to sell you some. But, wait. Don't walk off. It's not really about popcorn. It's for the scouts. Campouts and all that.

3 comments:

-E said...

So you're the popcorn babe and I'm the recruting honey. Both who can't say no. I'm also the Treasurer for the PTA.

No, no, NO! So easy to write, not so easy to say.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]deniseinaustin.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Research indicates that about 50% of all United States grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!