Google

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another day

Another dollar. Or so the saying goes. Here, it's another day, another injury and another screaming kid. But, enough about that. Thought I'd show my proof that the sun is finally shining around here, at least a little:


The portaluca is *finally* blooming. Here is what 2 weeks of straight rain and then me out of town for another week did to my garden:


Anyone ever have "white beauty" eggplant and more importantly, would anyone who I might see soon like one? I'm the only one here who eats eggplant but I thought it'd be fun to try to grow. Apparently these are ripe when they turn golden yellow so unless I get some comment or email that that's wrong info I'll be back out to pick them later today. I had to come back in to get some scissors and got waylaid by some kid needing something.

I'm also planning to pawn off some peppers on the girls when they come over tomorrow night. You know who you are so remind me when you're here. We have a few varieties, but I was pretty impressed with the production of the hot banana peppers.


And finally, the mystery plant of the day:
Sunshine is convinced it is a random veggie sprouted from last years seeds and won't let me pull it. However, I think he is wrong and it is ugly and needs to be pulled. What do you think?

Dy won last weeks contest with the answer of Beautyberry. I'm not 100 percent sure but I like the sound of her answer better than Delaine's answer of "weed." I resent the weed label on anything that grows in my yard and looks pretty with no effort at all. So, Dy is the lucky winner of a free evening at my house playing games. As the second runner-up, Delaine will also get a free evening at my house playing games. Candy gets an honorable mention for trying, but there were not any peppers so that can't be right. So Candy can come over too. haha.

I thought I had some photos of the kids on the camera, but apparently not. Maybe next time.

No comments: