Google

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Found this over at E's place and thought it looked like fun. Brought to us by Crib Ceiling.


Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen (not really even close to 13) places I've lived.

1. Midland, Texas - lived in the same house from 1970 to 1977.

2. Midland, Texas - new house, same city, all the way until 1988.

3. Waco, Texas - Went off to college, finally escaped - Wooo hooo. Lived in the dorm one year.

4. Waco, Texas - Moved to an off-campus apartment with my friends (hey, it counts. New residence...) Same apt. 1989-1991.

5. Waco, Texas - Ditched those three and moved in w/ some sorority sisters for my senior year. 1991-1992.

6. Washington, DC - only there three months for an internship, but I did have to pay rent on a place... 1992

7. San Angelo, Texas - Moved here for my first "real" job at a newspaper. Lived in an apartment by their only mall for about a year. 1992-1993

8. San Angelo, Texas - got married to my college sweetie, who moved out there and got a job b/c he didn't want to move back to Georgia w/ his family. Moved into a cute little rental house that has since burned to the ground. We lived there less than a year. 1993

9. Austin, Texas - Dh got a new job and we were ready to leave small-town life. Although I think the desire to leave small-town life came first. Anyway, lived in a fourplex in North Austin from 1993-1995.

10. Austin, Texas - moved even farther North in Austin when we bought our first home. Cute little 3-bedroom place w/ absolutely no yard, but nice neighbors and plenty of room for a couple of dinks. 1995-2002

11. Round Rock, Texas - After child #2 arrived we decided it was time for a little more space, so we loaded up the truck and headed North again. 2002-who knows when...

So, I didn't quite make the thirteen on this one and I guess I probably cheated since I've lived in a total of 6 cities.... Maybe it's time to move....

6 comments:

Kami said...

Just move back into Austin. South of the river, please.

Denise said...

That'd be a loong commute for Mark. lol We live 5 min. from his office right now....

Anonymous said...

No worries Denise, I've moved more than enough for both of us. ;o)

(So are you coming Saturday night? A couple people can't make it, so there should be room at the table?)

Denise said...

I checked flutters blog a couple days ago and it said the bb was full so I didn't really make plans to come. Right now Mark and I are planning to go out since I'll be gone the next weekend...

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »