Google

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The bad, the badder and the baddest....

And it's only Wed. a.m. Not sure I can make it thru the rest of the week. Didn't mean to start a blog and be such a downer. Life has to get better from here, right.

First, I'm sick. Been running 102 since yesterday a.m. Had some kind of problem with the insurance and doctor thinking they don't take it. Although they are on the list and are located right next to the major employer who offers our insurance so it would be *stupid* for them not to. I think the receptionist lady was too lazy to call on it and my throat is killing me so I could only yell in a whisper. That didn't really have much effect.

Spent an hour or so calling people, whispering angrily, crying to dh and finally got an appointment with a different doctor for this a.m. I feel terrible. Oh, and according to the insurance, I *am* covered and the first doctor *does* take them. ARGH! Curses on the evil receptionist.

On to why I'm really doing the post - I didn't mean to mention my Dad and not get around to explaining. Just been too tired. He's still in ICU in the hospital in my hometown. Has some kind of liver infection and is severely anemic. They've given him 3 units of blood to try to help w/ that and are running tests today to try to figure out why and how to treat it.

You've gotta love my Dad, though. The dr. asks if he's ever had a blood transfusion and Mom said he rolled his eyes and said "I *give* blood, I don't *get* it." Yeah, he's still himself, at least. : )

Tomorrow I will not post unless I can be more upbeat.

4 comments:

Kami said...

Gotta love your dad's comment. Glad they know what to fix now.

((HUGS))

Lisa said...

Ew. I was sick a couple of weeks ago with something that's been going around. Nick even missed his first day of school in two years. Feel better soon!

I'll be thinking about your pops.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon. I hate lazy receps. I did battle with one yesterday over a co-pay....hello? Isn't that your job to update your computer or better yet call my insurance and verify. What a weenie! Healing vibes to your daddy....

Cheryl said...

Awww, hope you get to feeling better and get to attend your group on friday.

Keep us updated on your dad. He's been in my thoughts.