Google

Monday, February 06, 2006

Just like Martha Monday

Here we are again, it's Monday and I'm feeling just like Martha. Except I don't think Martha is on high power cough medicine. Nor does she have two screaming kids.

I didn't get out much this week, but I did manage to go to the store and get some flowers to repot. I really wanted to try a cool look I saw in a magazine with some bulbs. I found these tulips:



To repot them this way, buy a cheap pot of bulb - tulips, daffodils, etc. (I got a set that had 3 in it for $1.23, but the third was kind of crooked and didn't really work. I stuck it in a "regular" pot). Lay out an old newspaper on the counter and take the bulbs out. Shake off all the dirt you can onto the newspaper, then rinse the roots and bulb. Put in a glass container and cover the roots and enough of the bulb to hold it steady w/ marbles or rocks. Fill the container w/ water and you're done.

I also got this nice little pot of flowers and stuck it in a nicer pot I already had:



Feels really nice after a week of the sickies and ickies to have some fresh color in the house.

Speaking of which, the painters are coming today! The painters are coming today! They're only doing the kitchen and bathroom walls so we'll still have the ugly cabinets, but by Wed. or so the wallpaper in both the bathroom and kitchen will be gone and painted! Woohoo! I'll have to take a before of the bathroom to post before they fix it all up.

One more project this week. I've been hating these shelves


for months now. So cluttered and messy. So, I did a quick rearrange on it. Here's the after look:



Note here that I have no say on where that little speaker goes. Trust me. I've tried throwing it away....

Thanks for humoring and inspiring me once again.

2 comments:

Kami said...

So glad you fixed the shelves. My OCD was kicking in.

Unknown said...

Love the tulip idea! So springy!!!!