Google

Friday, February 10, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday

"Welcome to Stuff Portrait Friday, which is usually brought to us by the lovely and talented Kristine, but this week is being babysat by the lovely and talented Kami. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we are going with a love theme this week:

~ What you love most about your home
~ What you love least about your home
~ What you love most about yourself "


Here's what I love most about my house. To be honest, I love my house (despite some decorating challenges) so it was hard to pick just one thing. I love our backyard:

It was like heaven when we first moved in here b/c our last house had a yard the size of a matchbox. This one is nice and big with some trees and space for a playscape for the kids and a nice sized sandbox. Feb. isn't the best month to get a great photo, but this one shows the nice big open space. I also love that you can see most of it thru the windows in the kitchen, family room and from windows upstairs too. So, I can stay inside and get stuff done while the kids play outside and still watch them:


Yes, that's the new paint job in the kitchen. I love it too. There are some before pics here. Much better.

Here's a view of the windows in the family room. They look out into the backyard also:

What I love least about my house would have to be this bathroom:



It has got to be on record somewhere as the world's smallest full bath. I thought it wouldn't matter when we moved in and I'm sure when the boys are older it won't, but right now it drives me nuts. It's sooo hard to give the kids a bath b/c it's so cramped in there.

I've been down on myself lately so I had a hard time w/ #3 - what I love most about ME. Finally decided that, although I'm desperately in need of a good manicure, that I really do like my hands. Always have. They're big, not small and dainty and it makes me feel really capable of taking on the world. Even when they're aren't nicely manicured:


Did you play?

11 comments:

BirdMadGirl said...

That's a great sized yard :) My dogs would LOVE it :)

And even though the bath is small - I like the colors :)

Happy SPF!

hemlock said...

I really like your take on your hands. It seems that your hands can catch anything that life throws at you. I think that's great.

Keep your chin up. Being down is no fun, and is a waste of time. I'm slowly learning this too.

Great SPF!

Unknown said...

great hands! happy spf

Unknown said...

Love the color. What is it called? Great backyard and I too struggle with a cramped bath.

Very brave to show your hands. They look very young.

Denise said...

Thanks all. The kitchen color is called "Cappuccino Bombe".

Kelly said...

Your nails look fine! Beautiful hands! Love the kitchen color!

Happy Friday! I played too!

Unknown said...

Yea rah for the big backyard! Nothing better than having a place for the kids to wear themselves out.

Kami said...

I sooo miss a large back yard!!

You do have nice hands. :)

Anonymous said...

You have great hands, and nice nails too. Especially since they're real.

I love your house and yard, can't wait to see the complete *after*.

(Let's get together and make our curtains. I need something to motivate my lazy butt. ;o)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.nba-basketball-9.info acne Jeep xm European companies moving to us Gastric bypass malpractice stories