Google

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Excuse me?

Sunshine has filed a formal complaint about the promptness of his breakfast. Yes, that's right. Here's the conversation hubby reported to me last night:

Sunshine: Daddy, I'm upset about how breakfast is going lately.
Dh: What do you mean? You don't like what Mommy is cooking?
Sunshine: I like what she makes, but lately she hasn't been having it ready when I get downstairs in the morning.
Dh: Huh?
Sunshine: I like my breakfast waiting on the table when I come down in the mornings.
Dh: Um, OK.
Sunshine: Can you talk to her about it?
Dh: I'll see what I can do.

He's kidding, right? The kid is downstairs waiting for breakfast at 6:45 a.m. every single morning. I make him good breakfasts - omelets, pancakes, etc. So I think I can have a little leeway here on the time. I mean, hello, I have strep throat and pneumonia. Cut me a little slack here guys.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmm. See, that's why I don't cook breakfast. Nick can make himself toast, or get himself a bowl of cereal, or he can heat up some pancakes that I have stored away in the freezer.
What a little shizznit!!

Kami said...

Um, no. What a little shit!! Too funny.

-E said...

Z-boy does that to Papa every morning. He has a very specific breakfast request usually. I think it's funny and don't get upset because, hell I ain't cooking breakfast!

Candy said...

Dude... just tell him be glad he's not my kid... mine usually get cold cereal or a pop tart. We only make a hot breakfast a couple of times a week.

Drama Mama said...

Little turd.

Unknown said...

OMG! That is so funny. I could almost see my DH saying that about his dinner.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, especially how he went behind your back and asked Daddy to speak on his behalf. I'm seeing some interesting things in his future. ;o)