Google

Friday, June 01, 2007

Not again

Once again, our air conditioner is out. We just had it repaired 3 weeks ago. I am tired of being hot and cranky in my house. I don't mind being hot when I'm outside playing with the kids or working in the yard, but when I come inside I like it to be nice and cool.

We pay for a homeowner's warrenty, thank goodness. Though the $55 service fee we have to pay each time they come out is starting to make me wonder if it's worth it. Perhaps it would have been fixed correctly the first time if we were choosing the repair company and paying for it ourselves. I think they are encouraged to do the bare minimum each time. At any rate, the guy came out today and said it was some kind of coil and it may be Thursday or Friday before they can get the right part. The warranty will cover most of the cost, but we will still be responsible for about $500 worth of "extras" (that they can't do the repair without - UGH). If we want to get a whole new unit it will "only" cost us another $4200 (assuming the original estimate is correct and doesn't change before he comes back), but we won't have to pay for the "extras" that won't be needed if we aren't replacing the coil. That would be minus the $1000 portion the warrenty company will pay (what they would have paid for the coil). The new unit will be more efficient and supposedly save us about $400 a year and it would be under warranty so we could drop paying for the other warranty (about $600/year). I know this all sounds dull but it's what's on my mind today and I'm trying to think it out. If anyone reading this has thoughts on what we should do I'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't know much about air conditioning except that I like it.

It was 78 degrees in here when I got up this morning so I will have to leave soon for the pool or the mall. Yesterday afternoon it was 88 in here.

Meanwhile, the neighbor kid has apparently moved in. I have sent them all outside at least 4 times this morning. The kid's mother came over and told them to come play at her house for a change but w/in 10 minutes they'd gone back outside then showed up in here. I guess I should be flattered that he likes it here,but I'm really just annoyed b/c currently someone is playing a flute while I'm blogging. Oh, wait, that is the four year old blowing on a straw.

D

No comments: