Google

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Useless Ramblings

I am so ready for this week to be over. For some reason June is always the roughest month of summer around here. After a week of cub scout camp, then a week of VBS, I hosted Sunshine's birthday party sleepover. Now I have a week to clean up and plan and get ready for Superman's birthday party. (Note to readers: it is NOT a good idea to have your childrens' birthdays four days apart.) And at every step something falls apart.

The lady who was going to do his Silver Surfer cake emailed yesterday that she can't do it after all, so I'm left holding the bag. Spent yesterday figuring that out and trying to find a place to get a Flash! action figure. Something the resident adult male around here said he could easily pick up for me, oh, a few weeks ago. Finally ordered online and broke the news to Superman that the present he'd been begging for for months would be arriving late. Bleh.

So, the cake plan: I'm getting a cake frosted with gray icing, lined with blue at Walmart, then adding a silver surfer action figure on top. It will cost about the same amount as if my cake lady had made it, but won't taste 1/2 as good. Not like the kids care as long as sugar is involved. But, I was really looking forward to a GOOD cake. I know, I should make it mayself, but BTDT and let's just say cake making isn't my gift and leave it at that.

Also today I need to get the dog's shots b/c even though we made reservations for his stay at PetSmart a month ago they choose yesterday to inform me that he needs his bordetello shot in order to stay there and it has to be done 48 hours in advance. (For those not in the know, the boys are heading to Gigi's after Superman's party and the hubby and I are going to Vegas for a few day R&R). I also need to order balloons for the party and make a rain plan since the party supposed to be at the neighborhood pool. Sadly I didn't really think it would rain so I put on the invite that it'd be moved to the house if it rains. Now I am kicking myself for not saying Chuck E Cheese because now rain is predicted so I have to clean my house and plan actual party games.

Oh, and I need to figure out a way to get some laundry done since my washer is broken. I just love how the repairman cheerfully says "It'll just take a couple of weeks for that part to come in. We'll give you a call when it does." TWO WEEKS. Do you have any idea how many loads of laundry I do in two weeks? I should own stock in Tide. Seriously. I do 3-4 loads a DAY. I have a post on here somewhere complaining about that very thing and sadly it has gotten worse and not better. And during the summer the boys' clothes tend to be a bit on the stinky side. So not only do we not have clean clothes, but the upstairs hallway (where their laundry hamper is) AND the laundry room smell like a Jr. High locker room. Two weeks indeed.

Yes, I did just come to whine. I'll try something more positive and interesting after I've spent a few days in Vegas. Monday, if it stops raining I may take some pics of my jungle/garden, to post. For now, if you want enlightening, witty or politically informed I'd suggest you go elsewhere. Have a nice day.

No comments: