Google

Friday, June 29, 2007

My favorite junk




Time for Stuff Portrait Fridays, brought to us by the woman who is redoing her bedrooom while recovering from the stomach flu....

Show me your favoritest ugly creation that was made just for you.

I couldn't pick just one, so here goes nothing:





Yes, my kids went to the same preschool and I thought the matching faded paper flowers with beaded stems made a nice set. Note that Superman's class got to add strange goopy stuff and glass thingys to their pot.
I'm still musing why it was so all-fired important for me to send in the tomato sauce can so a kid could put beads on pipe cleaners and put them into it and I am in awe of the absolute insanity of *painting a shoe" and planting it with flowers.... Although I have to admit I've gotten a few compliments on the last one, it is UGLY. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is bright blue and has a dead plant of some sort in there - how are you supposed to water a shoe for goodness sake?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha.....love your SPF! That shoe..is..well...something.

:)

I played too.

Kami said...

A plant in a shoe. Hmmm. That's well... Ummm... Interesting?

Unknown said...

lol so cute

happy spf

the art of curiosity said...

What goes through a teacher's mind when they dream up these projects?

I love the shoe - it's cool!

I played too. Happy SPF!

Melanie Marie said...

Now THAT is art! My sister loves rubber boots as planters, I'll have to let her know about using shoes too!

Army of Mom said...

I have the same paper thing in the pot. :) Too funny. The shoe, uh, er, is interesting. :)

Good one. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Jenie said...

LOL Hmm...well. The shoe is...umm...yes...interesting. This is the best one I've seen so far. lol

Happy SPF! Thanks for stopping by!

Tanya said...

A shoe planter....I have never seen anything like it. ;) It's a nice shade of blue. :)

Happy SPF

Jenni said...

OMG, that shoe planter is the BEST! Too funny!

Happy SPF! I played.

Connie T. said...

Yeah the shoe with a plant is strange. I played too.

tommie said...

okay, I am all for recyling...hell, I might even hug a freaking tree every now and then. BUT I have NEVER planted something in an old shoe!

Great SPF...very memorable!

I played too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.