Google

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summertime

Yes, I'm still here. Yes, I'm still busy.

That about sums it up.

We (yes, actually *we* all three - Sunshine, Superman and me) did cub scout camp last week. As usual it was too hot and too long, but still worth the effort. My group was a bit easier than last year's group. Meaning no one wandered off in the middle of a station. We did have some trouble staying together and a couple of spats, including a hat thrown into the bathroom trashcan. But, no serious injuries and I didn't lose a single child.

This week is Vacation Bible School at church. I somehow managed to get the cushy gig of *helping* (wooo hooo I was NOT in charge) in the craft area for 3 days. All I had to do was show up and do what I was told. Took the other two mornings off to run errands and clean my house without kids bugging me.

Our next big event is Sunshine's birthday party Friday. I"m praying the rain stops because we have four boys coming over to go to the baseball game, then spend the night. And I have no idea how I'm supposed to entertain them from 5 p.m. until the wee hours of Saturday morning if I can't take them to the baseball game for 5 hours or so. So, please join me in praying for a clear evening!

Superman is having his bday party next weekend. It's a "super surfer" party. Yes, my kid prefers the bad guy. It's at the pool, so once again we'll be praying for sunny weather next weekend. Either that or I'll just go ahead and have my nervous breakdown now.

No comments: