Google

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School


Today was the first day of Kindergarten for Superman and the first day of Third Grade for Sunshine. I know I'm supposed to be sad my baby is starting school, but at this point all I feel is relief that we've made it to this point and I'm going to have some time to get stuff done around here.

They're doing drop off a bit differently this year. The kindergarteners meet up in the gym, as they've done for the last 4 years, but the older kids aren't meeting in the cafeteria anymore but go straight to their class. Not sure when they plan to do assemblies. This will actually work out better for us b/c after the first week or so Sunshine can just take Superman to the gym for us since he'll be going that way anyway.


The boys were not thrilled about having their picture taken together before school:

Nor were they happy about getting their picture taken walking into the school: I took 3 but I could not get any of them to stop for even a second:

Here's Superman walking into the school building:



Here's Sunshine outside his new classroom:


Superman waiting in the gym. I dunno if he's upset about starting school or just irritated I keep taking photos:


I'll have a full report on the first day tomorrow. Today is also Mark's birthday so we're taking him to dinner at Dairy Queen. Wouldn't be my first choice, but whatever.

No comments: