Google

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Nineteen... Nineteeen..... Nineteen Eighty-Five

I have to admit I love that song. But, the reason it's in the title is it's the theme of Way Back Wednesday this week. Brought to us as always by the lovely, talented and tipsy Kept Woman.

When thinking about this theme I realize that I actually still have some fashion items from 1985 in my closet. They all have sentimental value... Really... stop laughing..

First, I bring to you the red leather skirt.


Kept, first, because my beloved Nana bought it for me for Christmas despite my mother's protests. And because I have a fantasy of one day fitting back in it and shaking my ass on Whitesnake's car.

Next, I bring to you the Limited jacket. This is circa 1983.

I don't really know why I've kept it except that I remember begging for it and promising my mom it was the only jacket I would ever ask for again... I actually wear it around the house when the Man has the AC on in winter. It's nice and soft and old enough I don't mind it getting messed up when I'm cleaning or whatever.

Finally, what we've all been waiting for BIG EARRINGS (I never fully managed to acheive the big hair thing so I stuck w/ big jewelry):


Did you play?

10 comments:

Lucky Lum said...

WOW...that jewelry is somethin else!!

Unknown said...

You are very smart.

Guarnateed that stuff is going to be back soon...maybe even this fall. First, you won't have to spend money for new clothes and 2. it's truly vintage!!!

Denise said...

Thanks TKW - If only I'd saved those leggings w/ long tops....

Jana said...

I still have old clothes with the hopes of fitting back into them some day. Keep the dream alive!

I played!

Tammy said...

It kills me that you kept all of those things! Although, as TKW says, it will come back in style soon.

I love the red lether skirt. So very Michael Jackson of you! :)

Unknown said...

Ok...I don't know that song. Who sings it?

Love the red skirt. I see you more in a Warrant video, not whitesnake. LOL.

Chunky jewerly is already back, isn't it?

Candy said...

Oh, honey... we need to talk about keeping stuff more than, oh... say, 20 years or so... you know I'm the ultimate "just toss it already" girl.

Denise said...

Delaine, keep forgetting to reply - the song is by Bowling for Soup....

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Gang bangs in garage Dildo lesbian shower Lesbian strap on movie Lipitor search lipitor search lipitor search lipitor search ambien com anbien drug test Pamela anderson forums 3fkeywords internet merchant account Gmc transmission problems sex toys nipple Mature riders sybian sale saunas sale saunas yoursauna.50webs.com Boys 13 16 with huge cocks Neurontin use in menopause

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. headphones vector