Google

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A White THANKSGIVING??


We're back. Cold and wet, but home. While it may be cold and wet in Central Texas today, the big surprise of Thanksgiving 2007 was that is snowed out in West Texas. Real snow. By the end of the day there was about an inch and a half in the yard. The kids had a blast. I was cold. Freezing cold.
All in all it was fun. However, I wasn't able to take many photos because, as I have mentioned, I was cold. I didn't have my gloves and the camera was, you guessed it, cold. You might say I'm not a cold weather person. Mark went outside and actually played with the kids in it. Of course, he didn't bother to take photos. I took the one above from the safety of Mom's patio and ran right back inside the house.

It was definitely an interesting Thanksgiving. We had made some huge efforts to plan getting toegether with my Dad's side of the family. It's been at least 5 years since we spent a holiday with that whole clan, so we were looking forward to it. Of course, they had to drive down from Lubbock and called from Tahoka (sorry, have to mention that because how many times does one have the chance to mention Tahoka in a blog entry?) that the snow was so heavy they couldn't see a foot in front of them and were turning back.

Lucky for us, Mom made the half of Thanksgiving dinner with the ham, turkey, cornbread dressing and green beans. They had rice stuffing, jello mold and pecan pie for lunch. I'd feel bad for them, but knowing that crowd they rounded up some other food fast!

True to Midland form, the snow melted by Friday afternoon and we headed out to see Santa. Superman was so nervous he'd forget what to tell the big guy he wanted for Christmas. I thought he was about to cry when it was his turn. He kept turning back around asking me "what do I want?" He managed to remember that he wants a remote control helicopter. Whew. At least this year Santa didn't offer his own suggestions.

Sunshine was more interested in the cookies and hot chocolate - he's figured out that as long as Daddy knows what he wants from Santa, there's a good chance he's getting it. Dunno if he believes Santa is real anymore, but I do know he's smart enough to fake it if he doesn't.


And here's the whole gang.


I love taking them all out together because everyone is freaked out by that many siblings so close in age. Ha! Like I'd be out of the mental hospital already if I'd had 4 kids in 5 years! Especially THOSE four!
Now I'm off to take a HOT bath because I still have not warmed up from the cold. And some joker left the AC on in our house and it actually got cold here while we were gone!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Awwww... the santa and ms is so cute!! I can't believe you got snow! I'm a little jealous - I've only seen snow once!