Google

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter and my garden

Thought I'd share some pics of our Easter weekend. The boys went to an Easter egg hunt Saturday. Sunshine was really excited about it and even laid on the couch for an hour beforehand to rest up for it:

Superman, on the other hand thought the egg hunt was a terrible idea:

Until he realized they put chocolate in the eggs and everyone got a couple of prizes from the prize table after:


Sunday we went to church and out to lunch. Here they are in their Easter outfits before we went.




Took awhile to get Superman in it and I'm not sure he's all that happy about it, but we kind of got a smile out of him. Oh to have a child who will just wear whatever I put on him without a fight. It would be heaven!

I really liked the pics of a baby pepper that Lisa posted last week so I decided to copy cat her.

The baby tomato was really cute

You can't really see it in the picture b/c my camera is obviously not as good as Lisa's is. It's up under that brownish dead flower thing - a tiny green ball.

The baby cucumber was pretty cute too, though:


A little easier to see. And here is the mystery item in my garden:

Any thoughts on what it is? It is not doggie vomit. There are two of these things and I poked around on the other one to find that it's kind of a powdery substance that is dark brown under the top.

Finally, as long as I was in the yard taking photos thought I'd show one of our compost "bin." Not really compost yet, I guess - it's supposed to take 6 months to a year.

Oh, and our AC is broken. So, if I don't post for awhile it's b/c I've had a heat stroke. Just kidding. But, we may be spending the next few afternoons hanging out at Target since they have AC and it's predicted to be in the upper 90s this week.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Did you start your cucumbers from seeds? I planted mine almost a month ago, and nothing yet...That's the last thing left to *grow*.

Mike built me a compost box too...I'll have to take a pic of it. He used the old boards from the deck that he's redoing.

Denise said...

The cukes are a transplant. They had them really cheap at RR Gardens a few weeks ago. Our seed plants are growing a little more slowly.

Anonymous said...

NO AC!!! Murphy's law says you'll get it fixed just in time for the 20 degree temp. drop this weekend. LOL!

What days does S-man go to pre-K? If he's off tomorrow you should join us at storytime?

Denise said...

S-man is in preschool Tue/Thu. Thank God. I sooo need him gone tomorrow!