Google

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Way Back Wednesday

I'm so excited I can participate in this with the alternate assignment. Thanks TKW! I don't have a scanner, so you can expect my future WBW submissions to be few and far between.

So, here's a pic of my kitchen.




One day soon, the cabinets will be white and the walls will be "cappucino bombe". Yes, I realize there is stuff out on the counter. I was in the midst of cooking when I took it. I'm always in the middle of cooking something around here. I feel like I run an all-you-can-eat buffet.

The cabinets are wood and they are stained a really ugly color not of my choosing. The countertops are the cheap laminate stuff, whatever it is called. It's actually pretty sturdy and looks fine after being there about 10 or so years.

To go along with that photo, here are the boys working on the science project.

As you can see, the hardest part of participating in a science project is keeping the 3-year-old sibling from helping. Here is the most fascinating find from the project:


The dark brown blob is a chocolate chip. If you drop a chocolate chip in 7-Up it will dance up and down. Sunshine was really excited about this factoid.

MM

9 comments:

Kami said...

Wow. I had no idea that a chocolate chip would dance in 7-up. Huh. Ya learn something every day.

Lisa said...

I like the color. Honey blonde? Something like that.
Your kitchen is much cleaner then mine! I wish I could have a kitchen with nothing on the counters.

Denise said...

LOL Lisa. I figured out the other day that I spend nearly 2 hours a day cleaning up our kitchen after these sloppy boys. The color looks more like a whitewash in real life.

Unknown said...

I'm sure that a million drunk college students would also be fascinated by the dancing chocolate chip too.

Now, are you painting these cabinets yourself? And the walls a dark brown? Hmmmm, you must post after pictures!

Denise said...

KW - of course I'm not painting them myself. The hubby will be doing it. We're hiring someone to do the walls, though. It will be more of a medium brown w/ a touch of red in it.

Dynila said...

You're not supposed to have stuff on the counters? Seriously? Where does it go then?

dy - who has way too damn many kitchen widgets for someone who can't cook

Denise said...

I like my counter clean. I try to keep everything in the pantry or in the cabinets.

*****noting here that we have a really big kitchen w/ lots of storage space so I have not excuse not to put it away.******

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Liposuction teenagers 2004 chrysler pacifica dodge truck viper Free bingo card creator

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »