Google

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

This is a test....


Yes, this is a picture of my dog, Oil, eating his dinner. I posted it partly b/c it was easy to find and I'm testing my ability to post photos on blogger and partly b/c I was in the mood to talk about him.

Tonight, he is dining on Kibbles and Bits, with a can of Alpo poured over it. This is his usual meal, although he's been known to dine on baked potatoes, Kraft cheese slices (but only Kraft and NOT lowfat), Jif peanut butter (and no other brand), leftover chicken, beef, gravy or green beans and waffles or pancakes. Do not lecture me about how that is not the proper diet for a dog and you would only ever allow your dog to eat Science Diet lowfat and no table food ever. You can tell me all about it when *your* dog surpasses the average lifespan for his breed by 5 years. Thank you.

Oil celebrated his 14th birthday in November. We had a small celebration with family, including his dog-cousin Scamp and his real-life cousins and grandparents. He received a couple of balls, a chew rope and had steak on his kibbles for dinner.

Despite now being classified as an "elderly" dog, he can still catch frisbees in his mouth and climb the stairs to sleep on my bed. Thank you Rick's Cleaners for cheaply and expertly getting the doggie smell out of my comforter. Oil sheds too much and since his hearing went has been barking a little to loudly and too often. But, all in all he's a good dog and we love him.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I'd say at 14 he can eat what he wants.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Oil!! I want a dog so bad.