Google

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Here I am again

I started blogging b/c some friends of mine blog and I thought it'd be fun to join in on their blog games. But, just like everything in life I've found that I just really don't have time to give 100 percent to this and do all the blog games weekly, post regular updates on my life and be generally witty and funny on a daily basis.

Not that I'm giving up blogging, but I'm going to be honest and say don't expect daily posts from me b/c it's just not happening. Life keeps getting in the way. And once summer arrives and Sunshine is home all day too, I think every couple of weeks might be the best I can give.

That said, while driving from one activity to the next, sitting at the doctor's office and in the library during story time I have thought of a few things I'd like to blog about.

First, I've been musing for weeks about weight and size and all those issues ever since TKW blogged about her trouble finding clothes a couple of weeks ago. I never responded to her post b/c I had way too much to say to fit it into a comment block.

Unlike me, TKW is skinny. Size 2, if I'm remembering right. Thin and gorgeous. Since I'm average weight and nothing fits me, you'd think TWK would have no trouble finding clothing. NOPE. She can't find a darn thing that fits right either.

What is up w/ these designers? I remember awhile back reading that big rears were in b/c of one famous singer or another. I was quite excited that now they'd start making clothes that would *fit* people who were larger in back. But, no such luck. They just started making clothes to *make your rear look bigger*. Um, thanks.

Seriously, if the fashion industry spent 1/2 the time thinking up designs that would *fit* different body types as they spend making clothes that empahasize or deemphasize certain features we'd *all* be a lot happier. And look a lot better.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

No need to feel pressure about being witty and wise. I like to lurk around and see what's going on. It's comforting to know about other mommies in the same chaotic boat.

Candy said...

Girl - try being "plus size"... not a lot of choices and then they sell low-rise jeans... yeah, like I'm gonna wear THOSE... or btter yet, the clingy fabrics... ick.

Denise said...

See! It's *all* sizes and shapes that have trouble. UGH! I hate low-rise too. If I wanted strangers to see my underwear I'd walk around w/ NO pants, thank you.

Lisa said...

I haven't read TKW's post, but I bet her problem would be her -birthing- hips. I doubt there are a lot of size 2's running around with those.

Anyway, I don't have a big butt. I have been blessed with an itty bitty waist, and huge hips. Not fun looking for jeans, cause they will be super baggy around the waist. The only ones that fit me right are the low rise hip huggers, but I feel funny wearing them.

A good friend of mine is plus size and she wears all of the stuff that I'm afraid to. Her words are 'i'm big, get over it 'cause I have'. I wish I had that sort of attitude!

-E said...

I love your new blog look! Don't worry about posting all the time. No one can do it all the time unless they don't have life. I've learned I have to have my clothes tailored. I'm just not a ready-to-wear kind of gal. So I have to really like something to buy it since I have to factor in alterations costs. That doesn't help, does it?